Corporate Ambassador Program
View SIR's 2016 CAP Partners
Just published: Inagural Corporate Ambassador Program Report
New report provides overview of the latest actions SIR and SIR Foundation have taken to advance our members, our partners and our specialty.
Corporate Ambassador Program (CAP): An approach for universal support and recognition of corporate Partners
CAP is a high-impact, coordinated support and recognition program, designed for our corporate partners who choose to invest in IR today and in the future through their support. Find out why your company should become a Corporate Ambassador, and how CAP helps advance our shared mission.
Interventional radiology and industry: Advancing the specialty
Why become a Corporate Ambassador?
Premier opportunities to engage with IRs throughout the year.
The power to collaborate in the development of charter SIR initiatives that advance the specialty and profoundly affect today’s IR practitioners and patients.
Highly visible, year-round recognition as a supporter at a wide array of SIR and SIR Foundation programs.
For more information contact
How does CAP participation advance interventional radiology?
As an Ambassador, your company plays an integral role in the advancement of IR, helping to make possible core programs that IRs depend on for the success of their practices. Your investment in the Corporate Ambassador Program is an investment in IR, enabling a well-equipped organization to achieve its mission with stable funding.
SIR and SIR Foundation—What we do
SIR and SIR Foundation, together with our corporate supporters, are premier resources for the IR community. Together, we address new challenges facing the specialty, foster educational exchange about the latest science, techniques and treatments in IR care, and serve as an incubator for innovation. Here are just some of the ways SIR and SIR Foundation work in tandem to advance the specialty and quality patient care:
SIR strives to meet the evolving needs of the IR community across many therapeutic areas. SIR continues to enhance and strengthen its educational voice by:
- Providing world-renowned and -respected education each year at the Annual Scientific Meeting
- Continually unveiling new and innovative programs to support the evolving needs of practicing IRs and trainees alike; the new SIRcloud™ collaborative information sharing space, in-depth, live, disease-state education, the VIRtual Meeting, and the ever-evolving and growing Fellows Practicum deliver the latest in medicine in compelling ways
- Making hundreds of hours of ACCME-accredited MOC self-assessment credit materials available online via the SIR Learning Center, and through live and on-demand programs and meeting proceedings, while helping members stay current in the ABR MOC process
- Publishing the well-respected Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology (JVIR), celebrating its 25-year anniversary in 2015. The journal is experiencing record-breaking submissions and steady growth in readership
Research and Evidence Building
SIR and SIR Foundation advance research and evidence building for IR by:
- Developing a quality registry in IR, including the use of newly developed standardized report templates for IR clinical procedures
- Educating members about participation in the Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS), providing relevant resources and developing quality measures in IR for submission to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Launching the PRESERVE (PREdicting the Safety and Effectiveness of Inferior Vena Cava Filters) study in collaboration with the Society for Vascular Surgery
- Sponsoring research consensus panels each year to determine the most urgent research priorities within the highest prioritized research focus areas for the specialty
- Awarding nearly $400,000 in grant support for research to interventional radiologists at every phase of their careers
SIR advocacy efforts designed to increase federal support for IR and the generation of quality outcomes data include:
- Promoting policy initiatives in government-mandated quality medical data reporting
- Addressing barriers to quality IR registry development through collaborative efforts with the Physician Clinical Registry Coalition
- Providing data and testimony to valuation panels for 20-30 codes each year
- Meeting with influential leaders in Congress to discuss concerns related to health care reform, drug shortages, malpractice and federal physician reim- bursement regulations
- Extending IR’s voice throughout the health care industry and in regulatory affairs by providing Society comments on federal proposals and providing expert testimony at evidence-based health-care panels and forums
The Society has built powerful connections within the IR community and a global audience through:
- 1,000 volunteer members working through 89 committees, task forces and workgroups on education, training, research, advocacy and professional development within IR
- Engaging with international IR societies and clinical professionals around the world to expand IR globally
- Development of a members-only community that will allow easy exchange of knowledge, experience, networking between members; features including member profiles, discussion groups, resource libraries, and “volunteer central” will allow members to search volunteer opportunities and mentor matching
Real-time communications wholly dedicated to IR, including:
- Five digital bulletins that keep members, leaders and corporate partners informed of the Society’s programs and products
- IR Quarterly—a quarterly 40-page magazine and major communication platform for the IR community, reaching more than 5,000 profes- sionals worldwide
- The development of a “trainee” website to facilitate interaction and education among the more than 700 future IRs (medical students, residents and fellows)
- Consistent media outreach that increases awareness of IR research and innovation among the public, IR influencers and other specialties
How do we participate?
CAP: Making the Impact of Your Support Known
CAP is designed to share the story of the impact of your support on the profession. We have formulated a series of special opportunities for engagement with SIR and meaningful ways to demonstrate your company's support of charter SIR initiatives through year-round acknowledgments.
Achieving CAP Recognition
Several levels of CAP recognition are available based on your company's annual corporate support of SIR and SIR Foundation. Let us help you plan your support early to maximize your CAP recognition throughout the calendar year.
For more information contact